Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Talk me down girls! Tell me to shake it off.....Remind me...

Ok, now I'm not sure what has brought this all on but I have a serious case of the baby bug! Now maybe its the fact that I held my goddaughter's new baby a week or so ago or maybe it's the fact that my baby is turning three (thats about the age it happened last time). I don't know for sure which one but I have been thinking about another baby and expanding our family....Now this would not be so bad IF I were still in my 20's or even early 30's but at almost 40, do I really want to start over with a newborn? Home videos should be locked up when a woman has this condition (the baby bug). I pulled them out and saw my little angels all tiny and sweet and the bug just got a tighter hold. Not only did I watch the videos but I looked at the pictures (really hitting home the fact that I need to get hopping on my boy's baby scrapbook!!!). They were so stinkin' cute!! I can remember the smell of baby and the feel of holding that sweet little package....Man! I got it bad.

Now, here are the reasons that this just can't happen...1. I'm too OLD!!...2. I need my sleep!!....3. Our house is fulled up! (no, that is not a typo just bad grammar...) 4. It would cost too much money (as you know guys, adoption is EXPENSIVE)...5. I have just got my two kids to the point that they are somewhat independent....6. I am so tired of diapers.....7. I am too old and I need my sleep!!! (I know, I already said that but it bears repeating)

Talk me down girls!!! Tell me to hold out 20 more years for those grandbabies....Remind me of how much work it is...Remind me of the terrible toddler years (The terrible twos is a myth, it actually starts at about 14 mos and doesn't end til about 5 years)...

You know, I would have been alright if I could have gotten a puppy, that would have helped...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go work in the nursery at church for a couple of hours that should help get your fix! Remember that your kids are at the fun age when you can take them to the movies and ride the rides at Busch Gardens and no one has to sit and watch the baby.I remember what my dad said to me when I told him I was pregnant with E, he said what did you go and do that for you had those over two already trained. LOL.

Creative cakes by Deanslaw said...

you know......there are dogs that are hypoallergenic....like poodles and the hybrid breeds. A lot easier than a baby and you can board them when you go out of town :-)

Hartman said...

JUST SAY NO!!!

Paint Porridge said...

DON'T DO IT!!!!! RUN, RUN Tracy RUN!
Don't let it grip you.Don't let it grab you. A baby is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT they never stay that way for long and then you are STUCK! How about a rattle snake or a that would be ALMOST as much fun as a baby, and it even has rattle in the name......

Darleen said...

Tracey, I am going to say RUN, but if I could, I would have another one. I think Clyde will do all the talking down for the rest of us. But if you want me to, I will say it again, run from the snotty nosed little ankle biters!! nothing but trouble I'll say!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)