Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I was "Tagged"

I have never been tagged before so I feel privileged that my peep, dnksmommy, tagged me with this. For those of you who don't care to know this about me, come back later for a regular post but here goes...
1. 10 years ago:

10 years ago I was single, working for a dentist and hanging out with all of my single buddies from church and PCS (Peninsula Christian Singles) every chance I got. I was also inseparable with a certain married couple since I was BFF with the wife and like a sister to the husband. We played volleyball alot and laughed a lot. I was thoroughly enjoying single life and totally praying for God to send me a husband and family of my own. Thank Him that he did less than a year later and it was someone I had been friends with all along.

2. Things on my to-do list today:

Teach my daughter's kindergarten curriculum for the day, help her do her worksheets, get the library books together for our trip to the library, hopefully do my hair and clean up a little, fold a load of clothes and wash another. Get dinner ready and get my girl to swim practice.

3. What I would do if I were suddenly made a billionaire:

We could always use more money but I would not want to be a billionaire. If we had all the money we needed, I would pay off all the bills (we don't have any other than our van and house). Buy a larger house, adopt another child, hire a full time housekeeper (to free me up to spend more fun time with my kids) My husband would retire and become the teacher to free me up to spend time with my girls. I would help out all my friends and family as much as they would let us and give money to charities that we value. We would also travel more.

4. Three of my bad habits:


I talk too much, I am too opinionated and I interupt people too often when they are talking.
I hate all of those things about me and try to control my tongue but it gets the better of me sometimes.

5. Places I have lived:

I have lived in the same state within 20 miles of the same place all my life. I was born in a hospital not more than 20 miles from my current home. I will not say where but it is in the USA and on the east coast.

6. Four jobs that I have had:

I worked at a grocery store at 16, an insurance office from late 16 to 18. I became an insurance agent at 18 and worked for the same State Farm agent for 11 years when I quit and went to work for the craziest dentist in the world. I worked there for 2 years and quit to be a stay at home wife and eventually mother. I am now a mom, wife, maid, teacher, accountant, author (HA, HA), toxic waste handler, cook, hostage negotiator, and referee.

7. Five things people don't know about me:

I can't think of anything that people don't know about me other than
I am sensitive (I get my feelings hurt easily), I am not as strong as I seem, I am not as organized as I seem, I have a low self esteem at times and I often joke around to cover up what I really feel.

I am "tagging" my friends Wendy and Legs though I am not sure that they will do this

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Wow G, You could've been writting about ME when you wrote the things that people don't know about you.
I can relate TO EACH THING YOUR WROTE. Must be why we get along so well. We're so much alike huh?
Love ya peep.. I can't WAIT until this weekend!!!!!!

Hartman said...

Man....all the jobs you have now. It might have been better to stick with insurance....

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)