Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A movie review and a prayer....

Hi there readers! Another day in the boring life of this housewife and mother. The kids are playing contently with each other and Brownzilla isn't out pillaging or plundering the locals. We are on a break now between school sessions while the kiddos watch "Word World" and "Between the Lions".
Little does she know that she is being taught even as she is on break. I sure do love me some PBS Kids broadcasting. The shows are so educational but also entertaining.
So, with nothing else to talk about, I am going to tell you about the movie we watched last night. Now, don't get too excited though, you probably have already seen it since we never actually go to the theater to see a movie anymore. We have only recently started renting them again since we joined NetFlix. This one is relatively new on DVD though. It is called "Freedom Writers". This was a wonderful movie. We both really enjoyed it. It is about a teacher in CA at an integrated school in which the gang students were basically just written off as lost causes. This young, idealistic teacher helped turn their lives around by caring and sticking with them. Great movie!
We have another one for tonight and you are going to be surprised to hear this but we have never seen "The Notebook" so we are going to watch it tonight. I know this one has been around a couple of years but we just missed it. My DH had never even heard of it. I hope it is as good as I have heard.
For the other half of my title, I just want to ask any of you reading to pray for my friend who is having some outpatient surgery today. They are hoping to get it all done today and avoid some more major surgery but will not know for sure until the doctor gets in there. She is scheduled to go on a mission trip in a month and if today's surgery is not successful, she will have to back out of the trip so that she can have the other surgery. She really wants to go on this mission trip and also would like to avoid the more invasive surgery. Please keep her in your prayers!
Have a blessed day!!!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

thank you so much for the prayers! I'm home, I'm well and I'm heading to Honduras in a few weeks! praise God!

Darleen said...

hey girlie!! i hope that you enjoyed the Notebook, it is one of my very favorites!!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)