Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yes, I am alive!

Okay, ladies! For those of you who have wondered, I am alive and kicking. Just out living so that I can have some actual "material" to blog about. Thursday was just a boring old normal day with school and kids and stuff. Friday was just more of the same with an evening trip to the hospital to see my god daughter's new baby boy. He is a cutiepatootey and I just pray that he has better life than I suspect he will. I have blogged a little about the situation a few days ago but it just upsets me so much to think of the life this child has in store.

Yesterday was our normal all day swim meet day. This has become an all day event for our family on Saturdays. This was the second week in a row that we have had one due to some silly scheduling problem. We have to be there 45 mins before the meet and the meet lasts up to 4 hours. Loads of fun, let me just say. BUT, the last two weeks I have been the Concession stand QUEEN! I have actually enjoyed it. But for you moms out there, this job is not for the faint of heart. Apparently when YOUR mom runs the concession stand, YOU must have every snack available purchased for you. This can get quite costly if you have more than one kid. It also means that you must become the mom of over 30 kids that are there with their own money to spend and no parents to stop them. I found myself telling many of the kids, you just had 2 candy bars, how about getting a hotdog or an orange.....But the time just flew by. Well, better go, my sweetie has a movie on and waiting for his snuggle bunny, LOL. TMI, I KNOW!!!
Hope your weekend was great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back. Missed your blog.
Concession duty. Yuck! Actually, once you get in there it's not that bad. It's just the anticipation of it that gets to me. Just imagine, if you have more than one kid playing, you have to pull double duty.

Darleen said...

your back, i missed you. i checked in every day and was so bummed when there wasn't anything new.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)