Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is it Winter still?

I'm just wondering. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and its suppose to be up to 78 today. We were out with no jacket yesterday and the kids got too hot. Today it suppose to be heavy thunderstorms but the sky is clear and apart from a strong wind, is beautiful. We would be outside if we didn't need to do school. I even thought about taking a "Field Trip" to the Zoo if the forecast wasn't for 70% chance of heavy thunderstorms. Where is our winter? My spring flowers are even starting to come up. I hope this weather doesn't kill them. If they come out and then we get a few days of severe cold, it might do them in. Hopefully the weather will hold out til we finish up school for the day and I can get a shower and dress the kids so they can get out and play again today.
My sweet kids are playing so well together lately. They have an entire "jungle" out and are playing animals again. I may have two future veteranarians on my hands. My DD has already said that is what she wants to be and her baby brother is just as "into" the animals as she is.
This kind of weather makes me want to go on vacation. I have a friend and her family who are in Orlando this week. I am kind of envious. We are so ready for some down time just to enjoy each other. We are tentatively planning a trip to Gatlinburg, TN in a few months before summer gets into full swing but we dont have a date or place to stay yet. I am looking forward to it. I want to get a cabin near or in the Great Smoky Mountains and we can go to the national park, go to Dollywood and Splash whatever...I feel like I am getting spring fever but it is still the middle of winter. Well, that is all for today. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Darleen said...

there will be a cold front coming your way soon enough! Its Virginia....just enjoy the beautiful spring like day while you have it!!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)