Friday, February 1, 2008

Its the first day of February and Christmas is right around the corner....

Is it me or did the month of January just fly by? Didn't we just ring in the New Year last week?
It is February and the kids in this house got hit by the spirit of Christmas yet again. I told them that Christmas was over and my dd informed me that it was "right around the corner", her words, not mine (well not this time, I am sure I've used this term before since she seemed so familiar with it). I told her no way, Jose! It was a year away, and she said, then why haven't we packed the Christmas stuff back in the shed? From the mouth of babes! I told her to ask her Daddy. I packed it all and put it in the garage, daddy is suppose to step up to the plate from there. Now when she tells him, its time to step up to the plate, I am going to conveniently forget all about ever using that phrase. "The stuff these kids get from television and movies...." I'll say.
She also informed me today that she has about enough of this school nonsense. I advised her that although this may feel like the case, she is mistaken. She will not have had "enough" for 16 plus more years. Her daddy has told her and my ds that they will certainly be going to college, in fact, I believe he has it on cd playing in their room as they sleep. You know subliminal reinforcement. If that is the case, I wish he would add "Not only will you go to college but you will not give your mother a hard time about school and you will sleep until at least 7 am."
This is the big Super Bowl weekend! Yeah! Go.....somebody in a jersey, tight pants, padding and a helmet......Big fan! Can't you tell? I love a good game of football about as much as my annual OB/GYN exam! They are equally exciting in my opinion and apparently boobs get exposed at both (sorry Janet, I am sure you are mortified by the attention....NOT!) I just hope that the commercials are good.
Well that is about all I have to ramble on about today. I will say however, that my DD and I pulled old Brownzilla out of his home for a photo shoot today. Hopefully, I will get time this weekend to edit those on my laptop and come up with something creative. I know his "fans" are clamoring at his palatial plastic and wire cage with the red plastic igloo. You would think his fan club would send him fan mail with cash occasionally. He is a starving artist (well, figuratively speaking) waiting to hit it big on the big screen!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

Tell DD, Merry Christmas!! and it must be the week for "the kids say the darnest things"

Creative cakes by Deanslaw said...

Oh good....Christmas...then I am all set since I just noticed that the totes with the reindeer & sleigh are still in the garage! :-)

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)