Sunday, February 24, 2008

How dumb can you be....

I have injured myself....I am such a clutz. I was walking out of the kids room last night after kissing them goodnight and getting them settled and ran right into the folding doors to my laudry room jamming my outer instep under the door and gouging it badly and bringing several choice words to the surface but the mommy in me swallowed them back and I let out a loud OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME!!! In case you haven't heard my daughter, that is now one of her favorite terms of exclamation and you see where it comes from. As a parent, if you are injured, you not only have to deal with the pain but also remember to control your outburst verbally. Anyway, it was quite painful and this morning my foot was swollen and I could hardly walk. It is better this evening but still hurts. Don't you just hate it when you do something dumb. That door has been there forever and I just ran right into it. Its right in a spot where any shoe you put on is going to press on it.
So in my forced confinement alone today, Oh yeah, I sent the entire family off to church and encouraged them to go out to lunch without me since it would get me off the hook on fixing lunch and cleaning up. I found myself with several hours on my hands and so I picked up the computer, pulled up Netflix and browsed their instant movies available to watch on the computer. I have a friend who just loves "The Office" and I just didn't get it. Today I decided to sit and watch the first season. I now get it. It was funny. I am now going through the 2nd season. I still don't think I will watch it on tv but on dvd, its only 19 mins per episode and there are 3 season already out on dvd.
Did I say before that we are really digging Netflix? We really are. We have seen many movies lately. By the way, "The American Gangster", its a definite snoozer. Way too long and just not worth the effort. We also saw "The Last Mimszy", and I was not a fan. Too new age, brainwashy for me. We did get some good laughs out of "Daddy Day Camp" and "Are We Done Yet?" And now these instant downloads, are great too. I watched several of those too lately.
I also have ordered a whole pile of photo prints for my cropping weekend from SmugMug this weekend. Love them too. They are the same price per print as Sam's club One Hour and shipping is reasonable. I ordered them yesterday and got an email saying they had mailed out (which means they will go tomorrow and I will have them on Tues or Weds) I really need to get hopping on DS's baby scrapbook done before he is old enough to realize that his sister has 2 full books and he has none. Not only that but there are 2 entire Disney vacation scrapbooks that were from before him. I have been so lax in the last 3 years on my cropping.
Well, that has been my day! Hope yours was great!

2 comments:

Darleen said...

I hope that your little boo boo gets better and it sounds like you had some productive & entertaining "you" time. Good for you!! I am going to miss you all this weekend!

Lorrie said...

Hey girl... I been telling you FOREVER that the Office is the best show on TV. It TOTALLLY cracks me up. Each and every episode is hilarious!
Oh, sorry about your foot, at least now your gangsta nickname will fit again this weekend!!
(you know me, always looking for the silver lining!!)

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)