Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lazy Saturday, Hooray!!!

This has been a lazy Saturday in my house. The kids still have on their PJ's and my DH and I haven't even showered yet today.....Okay so its a stanky, lazy day in my house but that's OK with me. We were out til almost midnight last night at my SIL and the mean BIL's house. They are getting new cabinets in their bathroom and need my burly, manly husband to help carry them upstairs. Then they fed this clan and were stuck with us til after 11pm. We played Apples to Apples. I had heard friends talk about this game but had never played it myself until we played last week and this week we introduced the nice BIL and SIL2B to the game. It was fun but I am convinced it is a matter of luck more than anything else since my brother (who is mentally disabled) won the game and he just laid cards down and really doesn't "get" it. It was kind of funny though. My DH will never live down the fact that he for the word "Sensual" he put in the card "My Family". He swears it was just stategy to get rid of cards he didn't think he would ever use, but his sister says it gives her the creeps, LOL. The kids had a wonderful time as usual. They played and we played and it was all good. My SIL just got beautiful new custom kitchen cabinets and they are beautiful. It got me wanting to remodel and redo stuff too. We need to paint and do some work this spring and summer on our house.

I am starting to wish for spring to come early since we don't seem to be getting a real winter again this year. This is the third year in a row without any significant snow. I am ready for getting the flower beds ready and warm weather. I am also looking forward to next weekend with my "Peeps" We are already making plans on what kind of trouble we can get into when we go out to dinner during the weekend crop.

For a little history for you readers out there who don't already know. Several of us stay at home moms were all in a MOPS group together. (That is Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers for those of you who have never heard of it). My friend JM was in a discussion group with JP and LK. They realized that they had something in common and that was scrapbooking. They started getting together on Tuesdays to scrapbook and soon invited another friend of mine, DM and me, TB. Now at the time I was the only one with a child too young for pre-school and I was also babysitting part-time so I could only go occasionally but we all became good friends. They soon included another friend from their church KR and another friend KQ moved back into our area (military wife) and soon entered the fold. The were now 7 of us. JP offered to host a weekend getaway in her home for us to crop and also invited her SIL and her SIL's sister. During the course of that weekend we came up with the idea (I am not sure who first mentioned it was developed by all of us) of calling ourselves the Gangsta Scrappers or Gangsta Scrappas depending on how you want to say it. We all thought up our "street" names. JM became BabyDuck (it was originally something else but that is another story I can't go into, LOL), JP became JewelDawg, LK became The OCD, DM became Scrappy D, KR bacame Flava K and KQ became Lil'K. I was given the nickname of G2daT mainly because at the time I had just had knee surgery and was still "Gimpy" (limping). Now I didn't say they were good street names, just street names. My friend The OCD started calling us her Peeps (short for her people) and it stuck. (Now someone else might have coined the phrase peeps first but it was her that "Blogged" about it so she was the first one I heard referred to us as the peeps.) The kids became the Peepettes and the husbands became the Peepers. Now this is the history of the Peeps as I remember it but there may be some corrections made.
Now what happens on our weekend crops stays at our crops but lets just say we have a great time laughing and scrapbooking and talking. We go out to eat and normally act thoroughly silly and goofy the entire weekend. It has got to be the best time for these non-drinking, non-partying, Christian stay at home moms. For 2 weekends a year, we are just Peeps and not mommies. Our friend Scrappy D has moved away but she still occasionally makes it back for a crop weekend. She won't be here this time but we will miss her. We also have another peep that joins us (I don't think T. has chosen a "street" name yet) but she will not be there either and we will miss her too. As for the rest of the girls, I can't wait to see you guys, its been too long.
Well, better get going! Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your DH family is sensual. That just made me laugh out loud. So loud that my DH had to come and see what I was laughing at.

Lorrie said...

IT'S TIME FOR THE PEEPS TO PARTAY!!!Wooo Hoooooooo!
We is gonna rock da HOUSE next weekend!!

Enjoy your lazy weekend, you SENSUAL people.
Lol. Oh, and we LOVE playing Apples to Apples. it's a great game, and Yes, I too think it's more a game of luck, which is why I like it. I hate having to do any real thinking!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)