Friday, December 21, 2007

Big plans for today!!!

Well, you know there are only 4 more days til Christmas!!! Last night I got some me time out shopping for last minute stuff to keep my bottom as far from the shopping centers as possible over the next 5 days. I had to get milk and stuff to decorate cookies with. I made a last minute impulse buy too. My buddy, Legs, has inspired me to try making a gingerbread house (from a KIT!!) with my kids and niece and nephews. I bought two kits. One for our house and one for them to take home. It looks like fun. I also was looking for some cookie cutters last night. Piece of advice...don't wait til Dec. 20th to do this!!. No a one to be found BUT I did find sugar cookie making kit that had 3 in it. I have several but no gingerbread man or even snowman so this was a necessity with the fact we are making gingerbread cookies today. I have decided that with 5 kids, it was not necessary to "make" the cookies from scratch. I have bought the dough made from the sweet little hands of the Pillsbury Doughboy. All we have to do is roll it out, cut, cook and decorate. I know that isn't exactly the spirit of making cookies with the kids but I think they are more interested in the cutting, decorating and subsequent EATING than in measuring out and stir ingredients. Plus that means less dishes for me and since we are all going to a family party tonight after our day together, that is also a big plus!. Anyway, my gray haired buddy showed up this morning bright and early again with one of the two shipments I am suppose to get today. He says he may have another one later for me but that was all for now. The tracking says it is due here today and is on time so I am praying that it makes it. I suspect UPS will not be delivering ground shipments tomorrow or Monday. It has 4 games for the leapster, two of which are gifts for my niece and nephew or else I wouldn't sweat it. Well, better go get the house straighten up and get a shower before the festivities. Gotta take my OCD meds. so I can make it through the whole gingerbread house and cookie making extravaganza. Pray for me....or pray for the kids, that might be a better idea. Have a blessed day. Wonder if Mary was having Braxton Hicks contractions 4 days before her delivery all those years ago, she was on the back of a donkey after all? Just something to think about........

2 comments:

Darleen said...

Tracy, I hope that you had a great day with the kids, it sounded like so much fun. Also, if it makes you feel any better, UPS will be delivering nearly until midnight on Monday. They are committed little stinkers and I believe that over the "holidays" they will deliver ground on the weekends. I just had a major worry about UPS packages, but it all worked out. Enjoy your weekend. Darleen

Lorrie said...

oh girl, i feel ya on the whole worrying about deliveries thing. I just got my final gift delivered today, so my worrying is all but over!!!!
hope you get the rest of your stuff!!
And I'm waiting for tomorrows post to make sure you and the kiddos survived the gingerbread house making mess!

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)