Sunday, December 23, 2007

Still no UPS delivery.....

I am still waiting for that last package to show up. It still says it is in Laurel, Md but no longer does it say on time for delivery. That makes me laugh because it now doesn't say when to expect it. Apparently with UPS, if its not there on time, then look for it when you get it. Everyone says that UPS does deliver ground shipments on Christmas Eve so it may come tomorrow. I am not so confident. It is funny that when you call their customer service number it just says basically, we're too busy to talk right now, if you can't find the answer on line, well....sucks to be you (Thank you Lil K' for just the right words to say at this moment) Anyway, all things considered, it all good!
I have had this sneaking suspicion for weeks now that my wonderful MIL (and I say that in all sincerity because I love her like my own mother) has been busy. My SIL and I had this great plan to help her out this year so that she wouldn't spend hours and hours out in the cold, standing in lines and wondering what to get the kids. We bought the toy items for our kids and mom bought them from us and then we knew that she would still buy some clothes but it would save her some hassle. What we weren't bargaining for was the fact that she would still go out and buy them as much as ever (0r more) in addition to the item we got for her. She gave each of them just last week a Christmas decoration to keep. She bought my little man one of his collection of musical plush from the Hallmark store (you know the one they have each year if you buy three cards, this years is really cute with a snowman, a puppy and a baby penguin on a sled) and she gave the DP a collectible Jim Shore creation (it is so beautiful that I have not let her open it but the one time to see it work because I am afraid she will break it and I would love for her to have it when she is old enough to appreciate this beautiful gift). She also gave them both a piece of clothing. We had suspicions when my niece told her that her mom had given away a baby alive doll that she wanted to their Angel Tree child and that she didn't think she was getting one now. Nana apparently told her not to worry, she would take care of it and went out and bought her and the DP one and outfits ($70 later). My SIL found out and let mom know that we already had it taken care of and that she could return hers. Then yesterday, they went shopping together and it was confirmed that mom was still shopping for the kids. I have called PODS to get ours delivered on Monday because apparently NANA CLAUS (I am so proud of my original little nickname that I gave mom 5 years ago) has been so busy that we will need to have some extra room. My DH and I will be moving our bedroom into the POD and then kids will finally take over..... Its all good....I know it sounds like I am complaining but really I am not. I am happy that my kids will have wonderful memories of their Nana and Papa spoiling them rotten at Christmas. Nana and Papa love their "Grands" as they call them and the Grands love them.
My youngest nephew considers papa to be his best friend. At 2 years old he asks to call papa, just to chat. Nana has a special bond with her girls. She loves buying them girly stuff and they love the attention. I am so thankful for my parent in laws. Wow, I started this post thinking I had nothing to say and now I see, as usual, I was wrong.
2 more days til Christmas! I hope you are all enjoying time with friends and family.
Have a blessed day!!!

1 comment:

Darleen said...

hey, good luck with the UPS guy. They do deliver way into the night on Christmas eve, but if they don't have a delivery time, its not a good sign, huh? I love your gingerbread house. Its so stinken cute!!! I see some real creativity and possible architechts in the near future. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Take care, Darleen

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)