Saturday, December 1, 2007

Time to decompress and recharge with my girls...

Last night was just that for me. I had a night out with the girls. Were we partying, drinking and carousing?.....no way! We were "cropping". For anyone that doesn't know what that is (and I mean my loyal male readers, all ONE of you), it is Scrapbooking. This is just an excuse to get together with my some of my bestest girlfriends to chat and snack and just enjoy each other's company. After a week of schooling and wiping noses, this was a well needed break. My buddy, Scrappy D was visiting for the weekend and was there to inspire and amuse. She had a funny story about almost missing her plane. I won't go into all of it because that is material for her blog but for me the funniest part is that she parked her husband's car (she left the van with him for the weekend) in a park and ride lot at the airport and has absolutely no idea where....She said he would be driving the 45 mins from their home to the airport just to look for it this weekend. I just can imagine the colorful words he will be using while looking and I don't think "Holy Cannelloni" (apparently Scrappy D's favorite) will be one of them. I got home around 12:10 and got in bed about 12:20, was just dosing off at 12:30ish when my bedroom door opened and startle me with my 5 year old informing me that daddy forgot to make her go potty before bed and that she had an accident. Since the kids have taken to sleeping in the one bed together, we had two kids disposed while I strip the bed and change the sheets and daddy got the girl cleaned up. We made it back to bed around 1 am and they were up bright and early this morning at 7ish. My big girl has a swim meet today. 4hours of waiting for 4 mins. of actual swim time. What joy!

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

we did have fun didn't we?! I love all my peeps!

Darleen said...

I'm famous!! I made it into your blog!!!! The privledge of it all!!! I will be signing autographs tomorrow @ Barnes & Noble from 1-5. Scrappy D

Darleen said...

P.S. We didn't have a good time last night, we had a great time!! It was delightful! I'm glad that you were able to join us!! Darleen

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)