Saturday, December 29, 2007

Itching to clean up.....

It is the 29th of December and I am itching to take down all the Christmas stuff and put it all away but Tradition says that we leave it up until New Years day so I guess I will have to wait another couple of days. I am just ready to get all the extra stuff put away. There are a lot of you out there who take all of your gifts after they are opened and arrange them neatly under the tree for another week or so to admire. That is just not in keeping with my mild OCD tendencies. I can handle the packages under the tree as long as they are wrapped and neatly stacked under the tree but when you have open packages and toys there, it just really annoys me. I have already put some of the toys away and all of the clothes away and as soon as I buy some new rubbermaid containers for the little stuff and the new "cutesy Christmas crap" (phrase courtesy of the delightful Scrappy D.) It will be almost done except for the tree and a few more knick knacks. I already tossed the Gingerbread House (don't tell the kids, they haven't missed it yet) We are heading out to the Big Bad Mall today to make some exchanges and returns. I use to love going to the mall but since the kids came along, it seems more like torture than fun. Either the malls are too kid friendly and you can't get your shopping done because the kids are bugging you to go to the kid areas or the mall is too upscale and the kids can't wait to get out of there. I am sure I will regain my appreciation of shopping in a few years when they are older but right now....not so much. My DH was invited to come with and to be honest, I was hoping he would say No thanks so I could go by myself. (Sweet freedom....) But he said SURE! I have one of those guys who actually like the mall and shopping. He hasn't had the joy of shopping squelched by kids. My drama princess (DP) is still doing much better with her behavior but I suspect we will be back at the Doctors office by Monday. Still coughing and congested but not bad enough to need her inhaler yet. I haven't heard any substantial news about my friend's daughter A. yet. She has had some more tests but nothing definite has been determined and her parents are hoping for some answers today. Well that is all the updating for today. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new banner and colors! The shade of blue is very warm and cuddly.

Darleen said...

The Christmas Crap is going in the attic today!! The day after Christmas I am always ready to say se la ve (or something french like that anyway!!). As a kid we would keep ours under the tree all nice and neat. My house it just becomes a mess because everyone keeps getting into it and it looks so messy!! P.S. we're keeping A in our prayers. After talking to her Mom it sounds like she's going to need it.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)