Sunday, December 16, 2007

He got more than he bargained for today....

My DH got more than he bargained for today when I said that I needed to run out to the store for a quick check to see if they had a sale item in stock. (Again, in search of a great deal) and to return several items that I had reconsidered or repurchased. BTW, I would highly suggest that people check Amazon.com cause my SIL and I got some awesome deals on stuff we had already purchased and got free shipping and no tax so it was really great. As much as $15.00 savings on just one items. I am now a fan of Amazon. I ran to six different stores and in the end, got groceries and 5 hours later came home. My DH said, I thought you were just running out for a quick exchange. You would think after 8 plus years of marriage, he would have known....Oh well.
I almost got myself asked to leave Toys R Us today. I was standing over in the Leap Frog isle looking for a green leapster for my ds (on sale $20 off the original price) and I wasn't the only one. The isle was full of people taking advantage of the deal. Anyway, I saw several people picking up game cartridges for $24.99 and informed all of them (did I mention that I was a shy, quiet person?....NOT!!!) that Target had all the Leapster cartridges on sale and that they had tons of them just across the street. I also informed several people that they could buy the charger units on LeapFrog.com for $27.99 with free shipping instead of $34.99. I then made my trouble making self to another isle to check on something and told a really nice couple that they could get a $10 coupon in the newspaper for the item that they were purchasing and that there was a newspaper vending machine just outside of the store.
I know that I should just have made my purchases quietly and left the store but I could not keep my mouth shut. I did not spend any extra money today. I actually returned more than I bought for a change. I turned two smaller, cheaper items for my son to get him the Leapster but he and my dh were arguing over my nephew's leapster Friday night and I realized that he was going to be upset that she had one and he did not. Anyway, that was my afternoon today. Well that is it for today. Thanks for checking in.

3 comments:

Darleen said...

I have a feeling there is a future for you somewhere with your incredible ability to find a deal and squeeze the most out of your money. I should take a page out of your book. BUT I will say, we are alike in one way, I will talk to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME! It makes Mark crazy! Darleen

Lorrie said...

You really got asked to leave??

I only wish I were as shy, quiet and introverted as you are.
Lol.

gottablogmom said...

No, I said almost. I got a funny look from several employees. LOL

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)