Monday, December 31, 2007

New Years Eve,..Time for deep reflection.....Nah!!!

Well the end of the year 2007 is here. It was a good year. My kids are growing up and becoming a little less dependent on momma and we didnt have any deaths in our family or any major catastrophe with finances or job situations. We are still in the same, too small, house but at least we have one and it is one we can easily afford. I would much rather be a little cramped than stressing over whether we can make the next mortgage payment. We are very blessed and I thank God for his provisions. It is tradition to make resolutions for the New Year but they never seem to get done so I am thinking they are more "I suppose's" than resolutions. You know what I mean, instead of really "resolving" to accomplish something, we are really saying "I suppose" I will lose weight, eat healthier, spend more time with my kids, read my Bible this coming year, etc...
For those of you who are not from the South, I suppose is one of those great old figures of speech we use here. If someone asks you to do something you don't really want to do and really only have intentions of doing if that person persists to bug you about it. Like "Honey will you cut the grass?" and he says "I suppose so......" The job will only get done if the asker keeps asking.
So really when we make resolutions, it has been my experience that we are saying "I suppose" if nothing happens and if conditions are absolutely perfect for and if I remember this in the morning and If anyone else remembers that I said this...I will do this in the New Year. My dear old country, southern grandma used to say "if the creek don't rise", it was kind of the same thing as "I suppose" So it seems to me that instead of a true resolution which implies that I plan to do this as if my life depends on it, we are really only hoping to get this thing done if "the creek don't rise" So I suppose that next year I will try to lose weight, eat better and have more patience with my kids. How about you, what is your New Year's I suppose.....

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)