Monday, December 17, 2007

Good morning everybody!!! 8 days and counting to the big day....

Can you tell I'm getting excited! One thing I have noticed about home schooling is that you look forward to days off from school as much as the kids do. I think that's reversed in you "Traditional Schoolers" out there. (LOL, JK, I know you love having the time with your kiddos) I just have SO much time with my kiddos and just me that I look forward to being able to get out and do other things on our down time. I am going to my "peep" Lil K's tomorrow for breakfast (That word "breakfast" sounds vaguely familiar, I thought at first she was speaking in a foreign language but there is a distant memory...) Did I ever tell you how great the "peeps" and other girls are in my life! They are wonderful. I am so blessed with knowing some wonderful women. You know, us girls have a reputation in this world for being petty and catty and unable to get along and sometimes that is the case but when the chips are down, we will be there despite it all. Women have an amazing capacity to nurture each other as well as the men and children in there lives.
They can tell you like it is when you need it and instinctively know to tell you like you want to hear it other times. How many man do you know who would wait in line all night outside of a store to help her friend get a much wanted Wii video game when she already has one for her kids and she is just looking out for you. Now this didn't happen to me but I am very impressed. I do, however, have a wonderful friend who when she heard that I could only find a pink leapster (No, I was not giving it to him but I hoped since I had one in hand at the sell price I could exchange it for the other) for my son, called her store and got them to hold a green one and sent her husband out in the cold, windy weather last night to get it for me. (Thank you, my dear BIL, you know I love you). That friend could have just said, "OH! What a shame, Good luck with that." But she did not. By the way, my other friend did get her kids a Wii that night!!! Yeah!! I am so glad for her. Anyway, did I remind you that there are 8 days til we celebrate the birth of our Lord!!! My kids are excited, I am excited, my husband....well I think he's excited in his own way. This week will be another slow school week for us. My girl has finished her entire reading curriculum for the year so I need to make a trip to the library this week. She is also almost done with her math. She seems to really like math and always wants to do another page so we have doubled up many days. I keep adding extra stuff but I am taking advantage of being ahead this next two weeks. Well, I better get hopping this morning, the kids seem to be sleeping in (since we were up an hour in the middle of the night, I am glad) so maybe I can get some wrapping done.
Have a blessed day!!!

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)