Monday, December 3, 2007

You know you've watched too many Disney movies when....

You catch all the tongue in cheek references to other Disney movies. We were watching The Santa Clause Trilogy (LOL) last night (actually we only have two of the three but I will be getting the 3rd one as soon as I pick up a rain check from my SIL to get it cheap, you know me, ever the thrifty shopper). Anyway in the second one the "fake" Santa tells the real one "You're a sad, strange little man".....get it? If not, you have not achieved the level of Disney freakdom that my family has. I know one man that probably gets it. He is quite the fan. I would be willing to bet that he looks for hidden Mickey's in his own house. I think he has thought about going to court to change his name to Walt Disney but his wife put her foot down. Anyway, I sure get off topic easy don't I? That is the line the same actor uses in Toy Story when Buzz Lightyear and Woody are under the car fighting. We also have noticed that several movies, our Non-Disney contraband, please don't tell the mouse or we will be kicked out of the clubhouse and lose our ears, have used classic Disney lines like "Mr. Grumpy gills", I have heard that one several times. You know, before we had kids, I could quote scenes from other movies but now it seems that the only movies that I get to see are kids movies. We actually get excited when a new one comes out. We have developed quite the collection of DVDs over the last 5 years. You know, before our daughter came, I could not understand why anyone would spend $15-$20 on purchasing a DVD that they would only watch one or two times. Now that I have kids, I get it. You swear that you will never let your kids be "babysat" by the TV when they are in the planning phase but when they are actually here, you (or I did anyway) change your mind. You will do anything for 70 mins. of peace. You play the same movie over and over again if it makes them happy. You also realize that kids don't watch movies like we do. They don't sit down and veg out in front of the TV (or mine don't anyway). They act it out, run and play and maybe only "watch" 15 mins. of the movie. I think that is why they have to see them 487 times. Some of you probably think, That lady has NO life. That is not true, I have quite an exciting life. There isn't a dull moment. I would love some dull moments.....where there were no noses to wipe, bottoms to change, movies to put on, games to play, schoolwork to do, fights to referee, errands to run, appointments to keep, the list is endless. I better get going. Can't let the fun start without me.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

OH yeah, I know exactly the MAN you are referring too!!! lol!!!
he'll find your reference to him quite humorous I'm sure!! =)

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)