Saturday, December 8, 2007

New reality video series.....

My SIL and I need to consider a new reality video series...You've all heard about the notorious "Girls gone wild" videos. Well we need to pull out the camera the next time we decide to take ALL 5 kids (one 8yr old, two 5 year olds, and 2 two year olds) out shopping. If you have kids you know how difficult it is to take them anywhere in public. I mean, you have to do it but if you can find anyway to avoid it, you do. Well, we discussed and realized that it was our kids first venture into the wild and woolly world of retail sales in several months. She, like me, had decided that it was too difficult to deal with kids while shopping and had avoided it too. We had the idea on Friday afternoon that we could run out with all five of the little boogers to Sam's club, just long enough to look at exactly 2 items. We get there and there was a much needed potty break, a diaper change, and then finally we got to look at the first of the two items. Well, with 3 of the 5 out of the carts, the younger two wanted to get out too. Me, being the bigger sucker gave in to some big brown eyes with big old crocodile tears. So she had to set the other free. We then have 5 little....angels, who had been locked down for too long, running free. It was on.....Then I, yes did I mention that I was a sucker, said well, lets let them look at the toy isle. No, she did not kill me with a look. We hit that isle and it was time for the fun to kick into high gear. We had 5 kids with 5 different interests. One needed to see trucks, one needed to check out to see if they had any Star Wars stuff, one was crazy about one doll and one was crazy about the other and one was having a meltdown to get a chest full of princess dress up clothes, yep, you got it, my son. "Momma, I want prisspriss" (that's 2 year old for princess in our house). My daughter informed me that she WAS getting that doll, right NOW! (yeah, sure you are) and NOT waiting til Christmas. Oh yeah..good times. Then we hadn't had quite enough of the fun when we ran next door to Wally world to grab some soft drinks real quick and then here we go again, they had WEBKINZ, the equivalent of pure heaven to an 8 and 5 year old girl. They also had that horse...you know, Butterscotch, the one my daughter has wanted for 2 years now and will NEVER own. It is a $269 toy that will hold her interest all of the time it takes to find out how to insert the batteries. We had the umpteenth discussion about this subject and then my 2 year old nephew decides to sing in the loudest voice you have ever heard " I will, I will, I will serve the Lord" . Apparently this song only has one verse and must be sung in full out scream fashion. He sung this song for about 10 mins. straight. This nephew of mine will one day be the next Martin Luther King, Jr. and his cousin will have some where to wear all his tiaras when his cousin is honored. Like I said, we could make millions, KIDS GONE WILD, Walmart, Kids Gone Wild, Sams Club....Kids Gone Wild, Target.......

2 comments:

Hartman said...

Good one Tracey!!

Lorrie said...

I'm thinking..
straight jackets and cages.
For the moms, not the kiddos.
Hope y'all learned your lesson!! lol!!
=)

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)