Friday, December 7, 2007

I got to sleep all night.....go sleep...its your birthday... go sleep......

Can you hear the shear joy in my title. My dd and ds were truly down for the count last night and even though I have a bit of a cold, I was able to get 7 straight hours of uninterrupted snoozing. I am a happy camper. Today we are going to have a short day of school and go to my SIL's house for some quality time and ornament making with the kids. I count it as school since it is the equivalent of arts and crafts class. We will be covered from head to toe in glitter and I am sure we will be stressed beyond belief by the time the day is over but happy. I just love spending time with my SIL and my niece and nephews. We have a lot of fun together and the kids adore each other. We also may make a trip out into the wild world of retailers. It is getting scary out there. Besides the normal nutcases out shopping you now have 14 year olds shooting women for their purses or teenagers upset over loosing their job at Mickey D's deciding to commit suicide and "go out in style". I have to say, it upsets me to know that kids are so messed up so young that they take these measures. I just pray that my DH and I are doing all we need to help our kids develop an appreciation for life and themselves and to know that regardless of how bad things seem, this is not the answer. I use to just say that the parents of these kids must just be terrible, but I now that I am a parent, I realize that you can love a child with all your heart and that is not enough. You have to spend time developing their character with them and in the process refining your own. I know in my own heart that I don't want my kids to react to things the way I did when I was younger. I know that my character is being refined by God through my kids because now I have to think twice about what I say and how I react to things. I know today has gotten just as preachy as yesterday but I guess it's not just all laughs and giggles. Raising kids is serious business.
On the lighter side, just want to say, my son is determined that plastic snakes are appropriate Christmas decorations. They found their way back on the tree yesterday. "Deck the halls with snakes and spiders, fa la la la la la la la la......"
Life is good...
Have a blessed day

No comments:

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)