Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Professions of love to a telephone customer service rep., Did I cheat on my husband.....

Ah....bet I got your attention with that one. Let me weave a tale of suspense and drama for you. (You may say that it is not so suspenseful or dramatic when you are done but what do you expect from the title of the blog, I'm a stay at home mom not Britney Spears!!! Thank you God for that blessing) Anywho....here we go, strap on your seat belt and keep your feet and hands inside the vehicle at all times....For the last few days I have been checking Leapfrog.com (for you other moms out there, you know what a friend leapfrog products are to parents) Jordan is getting a Leap Pad Read and Write for Christmas and I have bought a couple of books for it and was checking it out to see what else was out there. They had all of them on sale for $3.90 and $4.50 each (They range from 9.99 to 14.99 in the stores so this was a deal with free shipping). But here was the deal to beat it all. They had the Leapster LMax on sale on line in the pink version only for $53.99 and they are normally $89.99. That is a $35.00 savings and they had free shipping. I had already gotten my DD all that she was getting for Christmas but this was an awesome deal and we had talked about getting one in the past. I tried to add it to my cart but it said out of stock so I was checking back every morning when I got on line. Yesterday morning, surprise! They had them in!! I put one in my cart and called my SIL to tell her. She was so excited too that she wanted one for her DD. I changed it to 2 and they were still in stock so I proceeded immediately to checkout. I entered everything and it confirmed that my order was good and when I hit to finish and submit and that's when the conflict started. It said sorry must update quantity, so I changed it back to 1 (thinking oh well) and it went through but when I got to the last screen again, I got message to change quantity. That was unbelievable that it would play with my emotions that way. Anyway, I called their 800 number to complain and hopefully still get them. I was on hold for 20 mins and finally got through. I had a nice English speaking American young man (but that is a rant for another blog about how much I hate calling American based companies and getting CSR's in India). He looked it up and said that he still showed them in stock on the phone order inventory so he would just place the order that way. I was so filled with emotion that I professed undying love for this gentleman. I think he was a bit embarrassed and worried about a future stalker....but I digress. He proceeded with the order, got my info, got my credit card, confirmed the total and.......crash! Now they were no longer available. This really ticked me off, here I gave this guy my love and now he just broke my heart. Anyway, jokes aside, he apologized said that there was nothing that he could do. I had to get off the phone to go to an appointment so I didn't pursue my frustrations but I was very disappointed with Leap Frog. Last evening when we got back home at 5pm, I got online to check again and BANG! They were back in stock only no longer at $53.99, they were "On Sale" for $79.99. To say the least, I was livid. I called customer service again and asked for a supervisor or someone to file a complaint with. The nice (again American, English speaking CSR) took my complaint and told me someone would be in contact in the next couple of days. About 20 mins. later, he called back and said that he had gotten permission to sell me 2 of them for the $53.99 and free shipping. This really restored my confidence in Leap Frog. So my question is, was my profession of love a violation of my marriage commitment? Please let me know your thoughts.
Have a blessed day!!!

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

first off, good for you for getting the sale price!
secondly, shame on you!! tsk tsk tsk!! =)

Hartman said...

You are quite the bargain hunter...but good for you!!

Darleen said...

Your a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Okay, does Clyde know? Did you ask for forgiveness in a sweet little private prayer? Then you're all good.

My journey through the pitfalls of motherhood

AND BEYOND....

Dumb stuff I"ve said in the past.....

Counter (Installed 06/19/08)